Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Story by Sissy

The Three Little Princesses
By Serenity
(verbatim)


The three little princesses went in a forest, flying on unicorns (she says hancorns) and a dog. Then a unicorn pooped out an egg. It was a baby unicorn and Sissy came up and picks up the eggs.

The three little princesses found Sissy and she tricked them and disappeared. Then Sissy turned into a cracker then turned back into Sissy.

Then Sissy found a little worm who lost its mommy and daddy worm. Sissy found the mommy and daddy worm footprints.

And then she found an egg from a minnow.

The End


Serenity found me sitting outside and writing in my journal. She sat down next to me and after a moment of silence, asked me if I wanted to hear a story. Of course, I said that I would love to. This was the story she told me that day.

I am always amazed at the depth of my children's imaginations. This is only one of many stories Serenity has told me. The characters are ever changing, and the scenes vary, but there is one constant through them all. Serenity is always the hero of her own story. As her mother, I look upon her in wonder and a truely grateful heart that she sees herself in such a way. I pray that she always sees herself as a hero in her own story.




1 comment:

Nana said...

Nana has been privileged many times to hear Sissy's stories, as well s Robbie's, and I never cease to be amazed at their thoughts and they way they perceive life. My grandchildren fill my heart with love and wonder and it's been a joy to watch them grow and develop into marvelous little people. I love the way Serenity walks up, places her little hand on my cheek, and says, "Nana, let me tell you a story."